Here’s a couple of my favorite quotes from the Anime Expo talk sessions and Q and A panels featuring Ami Koshimizu (Ryuko’s VA) and Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki’s VA)
“Who’s your favorite character that’s not your own?”
Ami: “Onee-san…Onee-san…hey onee-san…”
Ryoka: “And what about you?”
Ami: “My favorite character is Satsuki.”
Ryoka: “But what about Senketsu??”
"Can you recite your favorite line from the show?"
Ryoka: “RYUKO MATOI!!!!”
Ami: “SATSUKI KRYUIN!!!!!!”
"What’s your favorite episode?"
Ami: “Episode 4, the no tardy to school day”
Ryoka: “Oh. That was my least favorite. I didn’t get to be in it and everyone else looked like they were having a lot of fun. My favorite was episode 20, when I got to show up wearing Senketsu. It was like I stole someone else’s boyfriend.”
"Can you recite Satsuki’s opening lines?"
Ryoka: “FEAR IS FREEDOM!! …[etc]… YOU PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!!
*She stands up and starts pointing wildly at the audience*
Ryoka: “YOU PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!! PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!!!! YOU PIGS!!!!!”
*instantly switches back to her normal voice*
Ryoka: “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you. That was all Satsuki!”
"Are there traits of your character that you can see in yourself?"
Ami: “You look like Satsuki.”
Ryoka: “Yes, I do have rather thick eyebrows. ”
Kazuki Nakashima: “I think the entire cast is quite similar to their characters.”
Ami: “What?? I’m not gangster!!”
Kazuki: “You’re the most gangster of us all!”
"What was one difficult part of voice acting?"
Ryoka: “There were times when I was really doubting myself and my ability to portray Satsuki. During those times, it was always the actors who play the Elite Four who really encouraged me and insisted that I was their Satsuki Sama.”
Ami: “Particularly Nonon?”
Ryoka: “Yes, especially Nonon. Nonon actually gave me a tool to help me sculpt my eyebrows.”
And a couple quotes from the artist Sushio. Because Sushio.
"So, what did you think of the English dub?"
Sushio: “I thought the animation was really great!”
"How did you come up with the outfit designs?"
Sushio: “I just sat there and meditated and then came up with it.”
*Ami stands up, gesturing to the rather revealing Sensetsu that she’s wearing*
Ami: “You thought of this when you were meditating??”
Unfortunately, merely writing out what they said in no way captures their facial expressions and interactions. Those were golden. Ami in particular was super adorably expressive ^^
Also, Eir Aoi KILLED it in her concert!!
The Electronic Entertainment Expo is in one week! Here is the Twitch.tv schedule so you can watch a bunch of bad companies show off their bad games;
Monday, June 9 (All times Pacific)
● 9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
● 11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
● 11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
● 12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
● 1:00pm – EA Special Event
● 2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
● 2:30pm – Bethesda (Unannounced title)
● 3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
● 4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
● 4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
● 5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
● 5:30pm – Final thoughts
● 6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference
Tuesday, June 10 (All times Pacific)
● 9:00am – Nintendo Digital Event
● 10:00am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
● 10:15am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
● 10:30am – Dragon Age: Inquisition (EA)
● 11:00am – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
● 11:20am – The Division (Ubisoft)
● 11:40am – Farcry 4 (Ubisoft)
● 12:00pm – Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
● 12:20pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
● 12:40pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
● 1:00pm – Driveclub (SCEA)
● 1:20pm – Evil Within (Bethesda)
● 1:40pm – Lords of the Fallen (NAMCO)
● 2:00pm – Destiny (Activision/BUNGIE)
● 2:20pm – The Order: 1886 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
● 2:40pm – Nintendo (Unannounced title)
● 3:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)
● 4:00pm – Super Smash Bros. Invitational (Nintendo)
Wednesday, June 11 (All times Pacific)
● 10:00am – Alienware
● 10:30am – Twitch Time
● 11:00am – Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games/Microsoft Studios)
● 11:20am – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
● 11:40am – Killer Instinct: Season Two (Iron Galaxy/Microsoft Studios)
● 12:00pm – Square Enix (Unannounced title)
● 12:20pm – Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade (Square Enix)
● 12:40pm – H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment)
● 1:00pm – EA (Unannounced title)
● 1:20pm – Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
● 1:40pm – Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
● 2:10pm – Nintendo (Unannounced title)
● 2:30pm – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
● 2:50pm – Crytek (Unannounced title)
● 3:00pm – Sony Computer Entertainment (Unannounced PS4/PS3 title)
● 3:15pm – Sony Computer Entertainment (Unannounced PS4/PS Vita Digital title)
● 3:30pm – Hohokum (Honeyslug, SCE Santa Monica Studio/Sony Computer Entertainment)
● 3:45pm – Helldivers (Arrowhead Game Studios/Sony Computer Entertainment)
● 4:00pm – Alien Isolation (The Creative Assembly/SEGA)
● 4:20pm – Civilization: Beyond Earth (2K)
● 4:40pm – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 (Blizzard)
● 5:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)
Thursday, June 12 (All times Pacific)
● 10:00am – Tetris w/creator Alexey Pajitnov
● 10:15am – Zombies Monsters Robots (Ying Pei Games)
● 10:30am – Guinness World Records - certificate presentation
● 11:00am – Fable Legends (Lionhead Studios/Microsoft Studios)
● 11:20am – Microsoft Studios (TBD)
● 11:40am – Project Spark (Team Dakota/Microsoft Studios)
● 12:00pm – Nintendo (Unannounced title)
● 12:20am – Square Enix (Unannounced title)
● 12:40pm – PlanetSide 2 PS4 Edition (Sony Online Entertainment)
● 1:00pm – 505 Games (TBD)
● 1:20pm – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
● 1:40pm – Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Gearbox/2K)
● 2:00pm – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
● 2:20pm – The Crew (Ubisoft)
● 2:40pm - Nintendo (Unannounced title)
● 3:00pm – Tecmo Koei (Unannounced title)
● 3:20pm – Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes (Disney Interactive)
● 3:40pm – SEGA Sonic BOOM! (SEGA)
● 4:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)
"cool lol" tHEYRE ACTUALLY TESTING TO FIND OUT IF WE’RE LIVING INSIDE A COMPUTER SIMULATION AND YOUR RESPONSE TO THAT IS
They’ve done the tests, and have evidence that our universe may actually be a simulation: http://www.nature.com/news/simulations-back-up-theory-that-universe-is-a-hologram-1.14328
It’s less that we may be living within a computer simulation, but more like the foundations of our universe ( the laws of physics) are written on a lower dimensional plane, and the observable universe that we see is a projection (simulation) up onto a higher dimension.
The World Ends With You, Shibuya 2008, Shibuya 2010.
After my Ikebukuro photoset, I suddenly remembered that it wasn’t the first time I went on a specific “mission” on my Japan trips. I had a crappy camera then though, but you work with what you’ve got. :)
p.s: HMV in Shibuya had been replaced by a Forever 21 in 2010 and the stations have changed their signs going by my 2014 shots, so the moral of the story is, sometimes life just can’t wait till you’re ready.
Voiced by Ono Daisuke and designed by Daigo Okumura. Plus More Details On The Battle System.
Aldnoah.Zero Key Visuals
To be aired July 2014
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures + TROYCA
Director: Ei Aoki
Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
Series Composition: Katsuhiko Takayama
Character Design Concept: Takako Shimura
Character Design: Masako Matsumoto
Mecha Design: I-IV and Kenji Teraoka
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
Natsuki Hanae as Inaho Kaizuka
Kensho Ono as Slay Troyard
Sora Amamiya as Asylum Vas Alushia
I’m watching Samurai Champloo for the first time (I know, I should have watched this years ago), when something pretty exciting turned up in episode 9. The animation style totally changed for about 30 seconds and I immediately said “that’s some Yuasa shit!” Google confirmed that it was indeed the great Masaaki Yuasa who key animated this scene. Just look at the way he’s playing with perspectives here! Every time I see his work I grow more and more convinced that he’s the most talented animator working in Japan these days.
Another fun fact, apparently Hiroyuki Imaishi (director of Kill la Kill, also has a seriously impressive resume) storyboarded this episode.
Mekaku City Actors Script To Be Penned By Jin Himself!
I guess fans can rest assured that the anime adaptation of Kagerou Project, Mekaku City Actors, will be as true to the original material as possible, since it’s not a third party who will be writing the script. Jin, creator of Kagerou Project, otherwise also known as Shizen no Teki-P (自然の敵P), will be penning the script for the animmation itself.
The anime will start airing in April 2014, and animation production will be handled by Shaft and helmed by Shinbo Akiyuki. Kinda curious on how Shinbo is going to handle this one, though I believe neither the fans nor first-timers will be disappointed. Till this date, Shinbo still manages to surprise us.
Sonic Lost World concept art.
SEGA has paired up with Nintendo to make the newest Sonic game, Sonic Lost World. The game will be exclusive to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems.
Hey ya’ll! I’m not much of a tutorial person, but this was a technique that I learned from Syuzuki, one of my favorite artists back in the day, when I was 13. I memorized the technique and it’s been one of the most useful things I can do on photoshop. This was something that really helped me, and I hope that it will be useful for even some of you.
In this tutorial, I will be going step by step how I take something from my sketchbook and color it on photoshop.
Big news guys, share this with as many roleplayers as you can!
i’m just amazed people still use it
skype is so much less stressful
Skype is terrible, I really don’t like it because it always lags my computer down to the point I can only use it or browse the internet.
Skype is GREAT for video calls and stuff but msn was the better chat messenger by far.
I’m really mad about this, I don’t want to use skype, I’d rather use pesterchum, I’m not even kidding.
But I’m going to have to use it regardless because everyone else I know will be using it whether I like it or not.
you can always use browser chatting tools or trillian?